October 16, 2019 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
November 6, 2019 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
November 20, 2019 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
December 4, 2019 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
December 18, 2019 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Radius CoWork Classroom
1001 State Street, 9th Floor
Erie, PA 16501
First one is free
Welcome to Speak Club!
“Too many women in too many countries speak the same language – silence.”- Hillary Clinton
Bring your dry mouth, your unleashed voice, your wobbly knees, and your desire to change the world, one speech at a time. Speak Club is a public speaking club for women who want to exercise their public speaking skills and strengthen their speaking-up muscles.
Speak Club is for you
- If you’ve ever passed up an opportunity and later wished you’d spoken up, this club will help you to reduce that inhibition or even eliminate it altogether.
- If you dream of being on stage giving presentations but you’re not sure what to say, you’ll learn how to develop material that’s meaningful to you and easy to talk about.
- If you’ve ever felt embarrassed when all attention is on you, you’ll learn to be comfortable being seen and to ask for the feedback you need.
Think of this club as an incubator for confidence. This is a safe training arena with a supportive group of women who’ve got your back and who all have similar goals. There are no expectations or pressure to perform a certain way. (We already put enough on ourselves, don’t we?!) Every member trains at her own pace and no experience is necessary.
How it Works
Speak Club structure revolves around a powerful concept from theater called rasa. Rasa is the essence of an emotion that is communicated through body language. Each meeting will use a different element of rasa as a theme and will incorporate a new body language tip to enhance your presence.
- We meet in person 2x per month on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month 6.30-8.30 pm
- Each meeting, up to 6 members give a 5-minute speech and receive feedback
- Suggested prompts are provided for each meeting
- After attending one meeting for free, members pay a $25/monthly membership fee
- Members keep the conversation going in a private Facebook group to share resources, support, and make great connections
- An online version of Speak Club will be forming via Zoom that Speak Club Erie members will have access to. This will be facilitated by the creator of Speak Club, Berit Elizabeth.
- The maximum number per club is 12 members and new clubs may startup with more interest
Whether you’re interested in enhancing your public speaking powers to become a more confident communicator in your personal relationships, leadership role at work, or professional speaking engagements, Speak Club will get you in shape.
Every woman can visit once before deciding to join. An overview of our typical meeting agenda is below:
- Hello/intro from each attendee (1 min each)
- Improv game to warm-up (10 min)
- A body language tip on public speaking (5 min)
- Up to 6 women give a 5-7 min speech (~30 min)
- Members provide 5 mins of feedback on each speech. Positive feedback is provided & constructive feedback is given upon request. (~30 mins)
- 2 min freestyle speeches by any attendee (20 mins)
- Discuss the rasa prompt for the following meeting and members sign up to speak
- Closing & Announcements
Most importantly, Speak Club is a fun, relaxed, safe, and supportive environment where you can practice speaking out and speaking up.
October 19, 2019 - 9.30am to 10.30 am
1001 State Street
2nd Floor, follow the signs
Erie, PA 16501
$5 per person
(Most) Every Saturday, Lois from Quantum Balance Erie teaches Qi Gong starting at 9:30 am in the Renaissance Centre 2nd floor theatre. As always it’s a drop-in class – no prior registration needed.
No class on November 9, 2019. Class resumes November 16th 🙂
The art of Qigong consists primarily of the use of intention, meditation, relaxation, physical movement or posture, mind-body integration, and breathing exercises.
These classes are suitable for both the beginner and the advanced student.
QiGong is a practice that develops over time. The beginning student may be working strictly on general movement where an advanced student working on the same posture may be working on tweaking a specific muscle group or moving energy in a very specific way. No prior experience is necessary and no long-term commitments to classes need to be made.
The physical movement of Qigong is a form of gentle exercise composed of movements that are repeated a number of times, often gently stretching the body, increasing fluid movement (blood, synovial and lymph) and building awareness of how the body moves through space. These gentle movements and deep breathing differentiate qigong from almost every other form of exercise in the West that often emphasizes prolonged cardiovascular movements (such as in running and biking) or that focus on muscular strength training (weight lifting).
Lois provides gentle guidance and awareness to continually pay attention to what is right for you. Class members have included ages up to 77 and all physical conditions including those recovering from surgery or cancer treatments. All postures and portions of the class can be easily modified for every fitness level including doing the class while seated in a chair.
Start Date: November 29, 2019 - 5pm to 7:30pm
End Date: November 30, 2019 - 12pm to 5:30pm
Whole Foods Coop Community Room
1341 W 26th St
$148 per person
Join Reiki Master Julia Thompson for a two day Reiki I course.
During this course you will:
-Become attuned to Reiki I energy
-Learn the basics of Reiki including the history
-Learn how to work with Reiki energy
-Be instructed in energy discernment tips
-Gain Personal Transformation ideas
This opportunity is meant to assist you on your journey of healing. Whether you are energetically sensitive, interested in exploring ideas of energy, or simply curious about something different, this course is for you!
Once attuned to Reiki, your chakras open and flow with the Universal Life Force Healing Energy ~ you are able to give yourself Reiki, and assist others with Reiki (even plants and animals!) Your body goes through a natural detox ~ physically, mentally, emotionally, and Spiritually. Being attuned to Reiki is a wonderful Spiritual journey that you are able to joyously explore for the rest of your life!
The cost of the entire course (includes all materials and snacks) is $148 ♥
Final Day to Sign up is Thursday November 21st 2019 (Be aware seats tend to fill before the final sign up day~*~*~)
Signing up earlier is highly recommended to ensure you have a seat ~*~*~*~*
Friday, November 29th 5pm-7:30pm
Saturday, November 30th 12pm-5:30pm
This is a 2 day weekend course 🙂
How can I sign up?
Email Julia to let her know your are interested! (JuliaQBE (@) gmail.com)
or give her a call (814-873-5011)
How can I pay?
-PayPal (Link below)
-Using a Credit card over the phone with Julia
-Business or Personal Check
Payment plans are available upon request ~*~*~*~
♥ ♥ ♥